A Serious Defense For Weapons Charges
Whether a stand-alone charge or combined with another offense, weapons charges can carry heavy penalties in both state and federal court. If you face charges involving any type of gun or other weapons offense, you should seek an experienced lawyer who will provide you with a serious defense.
At The Law Office of Blair R. Zwillman, as your attorney, I will fight to secure your rights at every stage of the process. I have more than 45 years of criminal law experience and is certified as a Criminal Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Whether you face charges based on New Jersey state laws or federal regulations on weapons sales, I know how to build a defense strategy tailored to your situation.
What Laws Involve Firearms And Other Weapons?
You may be surprised at how many different types of weapons violations exist in both state law and in federal law. I can assist you with a wide range of weapons charges, including:
- Illegal purchase or sale, including registration and classification of a weapon
- Background check or permitting violations
- Concealed carry violations or possession in a prohibited area
- Use of a modified or prohibited firearm
- Illegal discharge of a weapon
- Use of a weapon with another criminal charge, raising it to an aggravated charge
- Violation of requirements for possession or storage of a weapon
- Unlawful use of a weapon during self-defense
You need an advocate who understands the relevant statutes and constitutional issues, including your Second Amendment rights. I understand the charges you face and know how to build a strong defense. At The Law Office of Blair R. Zwillman, our attorney can provide you with the defense you need for your gun charge or any other criminal matter.